Catering can be a complicated decision to make because everyone has very different tastes and you want to satisfy all your guests. You will have to make choices about the style of the meal: buffet or sit-down? You will have to choose the entrees: chicken, roast, or fish? You have to choose the types of dinnerware: china or plastic? And how are you supposed to know how much food to have?
Once you settle on a style the majority of the choices should progress naturally. And if you have the help of an experienced event caterer then you won’t have to worry about forgetting anything! Michaelis Events is a woman-owned, award-winning event planning company that is ranked as one of Louisville’s Top 10 best caterers. I have had the pleasure of working with Michaelis Events at several weddings. I’ve seen them provide plated meals and buffets for 50 guests and for hundreds. The food is not only delicious but it is a feast for your eyes as well. The smells are so enticing you want to try everything they prepare but it almost looks too good to eat!
Olivia Brown is a Project Manager for Michaelis Events and she has provided some questions that can help you determine the differences between catering companies so that you can find the one that best fits your needs, and of course tastes.
• What does your price per person include? (China, Linens, Non-alcoholic Beverages, Serving Staff, Set-up/Tear-down, etc…)
• How does the payment process work? Are there fees not included in the initial quote?
• Does your company provide bar services as well?
• Where do you source your products from? Are they local vendors?
• Do you make everything in house or do you buy everything pre-made?
Michaelis Events began as EuroMarket back in 2000 but has developed in the last two decades to become Louisville’s only all-inclusive event specialists. Their goal is to help you create a unique and personal event by bringing your story to life in a magical way that all your guests will enjoy. You can find more information about Michaelis Events at www.mymestory.com.
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
• SIGN-UP HERE to be on our email list and get EVERY part of the Unveiled series sent directly to your Inbox.
• CLICK HERE to auto-download a PDF of the information Michaelis Events has offered about interviewing caterers.
• CLICK HERE to go back to the first part of the Unveiled Series: Budgeting for a Fairy-Tale Wedding with Sharon Rumsey.
• CLICK HERE to discover why PhotoSculptor is the right photographer for your wedding.